Friday 10 June 2016

Job roles in the media sector



Job roles in the media sector

There are many different job roles on the media sector and they all are very different to each other. Freelance basically means that you are self employed and you can get hired to work for different companies. Working freelance is good because you can work with different people and you can work on loads of different things, for example a company might contact you and ask if you can make a short film for them, and then once you have finished that project you then have to start looking for a new one. The downside with freelance is that you wont always find jobs, you need to network and make yourself marketable so that people will want to go to you before anyone else.
The range of job roles on the creative media sector can range from being an actor to simply being a runner. There are a variety of different methods of employment, which gives people the flexibility to find a job role that suits there needs and what they would like to be, the creative industry are there to help create the scene to make it a better experience for the audience. Time management is really important in the film industry as if you dont keep track of time then things can get out of hand. you would need to show a professional attitude to time management  by making things like film logs which are a great way to keep track of events.




Aaron Holmshaw
64 Butterfield Drive
Eaglescliffe
TS16 0ez
07526700998

Personal Profile
I am a very punctual, hardworking person that strives to make this the best they can be. I have a passion for the film industry and is very keen to meet deadlines. Through out education i have been interested in film and media and even did a media course in GCSE which involved lots of filming and editing. Now that i am in college doing a media course, we have learned more about the industry and how certain job roles work. We have learned plenty of skills that can help us do our job correctly.

Work experience 
I had work expirience at a shop called JG windows which is a music shop in Darlington. Working there made me more social and more of a confident person, this is because i had to interact with customers and work as a team to get things completed.

Grades

Maths                          C
English Literature       C
English langueage       C      
Art                               C
Imedia                         P2
Music                          C


Here is a link too my portfolio which shows all of the work i have done in college so far.

https://vimeo.com/user45656393

Yours sincerely,

Aaron Holmshaw







Dear Sir/Madam

In response to your recent advertisement on Euspert, please find enclosed my CV for the role of a runner.

As you can see I have had plenty of work experience in the industry during the time I have off and I have demonstrated my skills in an office environment. I am capable of working in a team to get tasks done. I believe that I am right for the job because I’m very easy to get on with and I put a lot of effort and pride into the work I do.

I am keen to follow my ambitions to work in the media sector and believe I will be an asset to the company. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Aaron Holmshaw





No comments:

Post a Comment